flippytale's STASHbusting (works in progress)

I am an artist, so I've started a lot of "good ideas" that have turned out to not be that at all. Some are still good, but I lost momentum by either getting bored with the work or distracted by a new more exciting idea. All of that is okay, but now so many of my UFOs are taking up space. It is time to clear the playing field.... (or be buried under a pile of partially sewn fabric)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wild Roses (Sketch)

Wild Roses Sketch, half the size of image in the next entry below, pinned a bunch of fabric on top of it working out color fixes that I incorporated into the below composition. Haven't decided how I would attach those pieces on top, because I like them.

My idea is to keep the pinned on fabric and just raw-edge quilt it down, just as it is. I like the bits of color, but it would never make sense to take it apart and sew it in. It is more sensable to just sew it on top of what is already there. Now it has had time to marinade I feel like I can finish it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Quilting Kim said...

Oh My Gosh - those roses are beautiful. You have quite the eye for color.

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I like it... Are you going to add to it?

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home