flippytale's STASHbusting (works in progress)

I am an artist, so I've started a lot of "good ideas" that have turned out to not be that at all. Some are still good, but I lost momentum by either getting bored with the work or distracted by a new more exciting idea. All of that is okay, but now so many of my UFOs are taking up space. It is time to clear the playing field.... (or be buried under a pile of partially sewn fabric)

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Timon

New Timon is a quilt of an image of my orange tabby Timon. It is all hand pieced using English Paper Piecing. It will be approximately 48" x 72"

New Timon is making good progress
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One section ready to be sewn together
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Inspector Timon checking on my progress
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My work area while taking the fabric and basting it to the paper foundations
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is while I was cutting the fabric to fit the colors in the image, I started it in 2002

This is the second quilt I've made of Timon using this technique...

Here is the first one, and the first one I ever made. I've learned so much more since then:
The new image is less abstract, his eyes are open, and is easier to tell it is a cat. My stitches are better, my colors were more planned out ahead of time. I am more organized as to how I am assembling it.

"Taking the Train with Timon" 41" x 49" (2001)

Labels: ,


Blogger Lisa said...

I can't believe that no one has commented on this or the previous entry! You're doing some really interesting, wonderful things here...thanks for peeking in at my blog so that I could find you. I'll be back!

6:22 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

COOL! (I did a quilt for my cats, but it is "only" applique - the background is kind of "Arty.")

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home