flippytale's STASHbusting (works in progress)

I am an artist, so I've started a lot of "good ideas" that have turned out to not be that at all. Some are still good, but I lost momentum by either getting bored with the work or distracted by a new more exciting idea. All of that is okay, but now so many of my UFOs are taking up space. It is time to clear the playing field.... (or be buried under a pile of partially sewn fabric)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lone Star Quilt

6/26/2007

Here is the center that I completed at retreat, it is about 60" square. I am still thinking of what to do for the border. I decided to put the bright yellow at the tips to make it glow. The background fabric was picked from another project that I had with me. I couldn't have planned that it would be the background until my star points were done. But, don't the yellow points match perfectly with the lettuce leaves? I am thinking of calling it "Loose Leaf Lettuce".

One of our guild members taught us how to make a lone star, and naturally I had to go for the gigantic size, then I can make it into a bed quilt. She is a really good teacher because many of us had some issues with our project, mine was all slanty and off of the 45, and she could help us correct each problem with ease. Overall it was a great weekend.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6/21/2007

Tomorrow I leave for a three day quilt retreat. It is a small group of us, just us board members from our guild. I can't wait! And, I am so not prepared, I haven't packed a thing! I am so glad I picked out the material for our class already. It will be a lone star pattern. Now I just have to finish my day of work and gather up all my quilting accoutrements so I can have FUN the next three days.

Here is a mockup of what it might look like when I get done....
I took pictures of my fabric and imported them into Adobe Illustrator to create this little picture
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I think I already told you that I love your lonestar, but also I am CRAZY jealous that you can do stuff like that in Illustrator. I admit I've just started playing around with it, but so far I can barely draw a nine patch...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

OK so me telling you your quilts are gorgeous is probably getting old but I gotta pull it out again - this lonestar is GORGEOUS! lol! And I really mean it - the yellow tips are so good - the points could have faded away with the background fabric (which I love btw) but you found a way to make them stand out. I am also loving the purple fabrics...oh heck, all of them lol! The bright middle seems to move in and out - so great!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home